Dr. John Shaw and the Staff of Ideal Veterinary Hospital welcome you to our website!
The folks at Ideal Veterinary Hospital understand your pet is an integral part of your family and your life. We strive to treat you and your pet in the same way we would treat our own personal pets: with compassion, understanding, and love. Every day we act to improve the quality of our medicine and the breadth of our education, so that we deliver better outcomes to your pet and more in-depth knowledge to you. Dr. Shaw has been passionate about pet healthcare since he graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1987, and only seems to improve with age, and the Staff is an awesome mixture of youthful exuberance and experienced patience. Come visit and take a tour and see how we fit your needs!
Our hospital offers a full complement of pet services, including, but not limited to:
- Physical Examinations, Health Certificates
- Vaccinations, Heartworm Testing and Treatment
- Microchipping, Identification, and City of Oak Ridge Tags
- Boarding, Bathing, Shearing, and Skin Treatments
- Dental Cleaning and Tooth Extraction
- Blood, Urine and other Laboratory Testing
- Parasite Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
- Infectious Disease Diagnosis and Treatment
- Radiography (x-ray) for Bone and Soft Tissue Injury and Disease
- Diagnostic Ultrasound for Thoracic and Abdominal Problems
- Soft Tissue Surgery from Spay/Neuter to Exploratory
- Orthopedic/Bone Surgery from Cruciate Repair to Bone Pinning
- Full Pharmacy Services as well as Home Delivery Service
- Euthanasia and Cremation Services
Our popular boarding services can be tailored to your pet's needs! Dogs can "choose" indoor/outdoor runs down to stainless kennels and are always leash walked several times a day, whereas cats will be comfortable in 1, 2 or 3 story "condos" or spending time in our exclusive play area complete with a climbing tree and lots of natural light.
Contact us directly and allow us to show you how our hospital can improve the lives of you and your pet in a myriad of ways. We are, and always will be "Doing Our Best For Your Pet".